Friday, October 5, 2012

We Saw Some Moosen!



Family hike to Twin Lakes 2012.   They call it Twin Lakes.  Pshhh.  There's only one lake and it's really a dam.  Still cool though.


The hike was about 1.5 miles up and Sam wouldn't let us take resting breaks.  He kept saying he'd drink water as soon as we got to the top.  He's pretty determined. I could have used a break.

 


beauty.




We were the only people at the top.  We didn't stay long.  Before we had children we would have loved the solitude but now I get a little nervous to be so far away from humans.  What if I saw a cougar or a bear?!  I can't run very fast with a baby strapped to my chest.  It was sort of creepy.  Maybe that's Halloween kicking in.


We saw a mom, dad, and a baby moose.  The mom was only five feet from the trail.  Stephen (who has been chased by a moose before) took this picture.  I wanted to live so I grabbed Sam and booked it down the path.

1 comment:

  1. holy cow--that is gorgeous..!! i miss those mountains..!
    i am impressed at your ambition--hiking with two kiddos! love the moosen, and also sam+stephen picture. :)
    next time get yo pretty self in some o them!!

    ReplyDelete