Thursday, June 28, 2012

Goodbye Preschool.


Sam had his last day of "pre-school" today so we had to take a photo.  It's really a therapy group that helps him interact with other children and motivate him to eat.  He's definitely a social eater and the program has helped him a lot.  We're sad to say that the program has been discontinued.  (btw, Sam will cry if I say this out loud but that dog is not ours.  We're dog sitting for nine days)
Here are Sam's amazing teachers, Catherine and Amanda.  They were so sweet to him and made him feel comfortable. I was really worried the first time I dropped him off but he didn't even cry... I might have.  He absolutely loved attending class and I'm sure he'll miss seeing them twice a week.  Sam's speech and eating habits definitely improved when he started going.
Every kid got a bag with stickers and a pinwheel.  Now begins the search for a new and affordable preschool.  I'm about to recruit the neighborhood kids to come to my house for free school/art/snack/whatever group so Sam can still have plenty of interactions with other kiddos.

3 comments:

  1. He is just so cute! I love the one where he looks all shy between his teachers. Darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you would be a great pre-school teaching Mom. You are creative and kids love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that wouldn't surprise me one bit if you did that!

    sucks that it got discontinued--i'm so glad that it helped, though! that's amazing.
    good luck finding/doing something new!

    ReplyDelete