Friday, February 10, 2012

Let's Play EKG!!!


We've made two successful trips to Stanford so far and we have three more to go.  Sam actually enjoys these hospital visits because he gets to see his other friends with cystinosis.  Every time we go he has an EKG at the children's hospital, which makes him a little nervous.  Luckily, Sam's friend, Hank Sturgis, is a great pal and helps Sam be brave.  We've been practicing at home too. 



Baby dog, a.k.a. Annie, gets to do everything Sam does.




Sam gives kind words of encouragement and kisses to Annie








Sam's last two EKGs have come back abnormal so a cardiologist at Stanford recommended he have an echocardiogram this month.  He'll be sedated so we don't have to prep him for this procedure but we will for his IV.

8 comments:

  1. mildred, i wish you were my mom. what a big brave boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I love it. You are such a fun mom:) How are you going to prep him for the IV?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so smart of you to "practice" at home and I love you made a home made version of what it will be like...and one for his stuffed animal. You're such a good mom, and Sam is such a brave/happy kid. See you guys Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gah! I can practice on Sam!! I can't believe how cute you are and your little homemade version--it's perfect! You are seriously the cutest funnest mom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sam is seriously one of the most beautiful children I have ever ever seen. That last picture of him is just priceless. What a great family you guys make!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you are prepping him for this stuff. It is so essential for their emotional health as well! Hope all goes well, please let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You amaze me. I haven't seen Sam in awhile and he is getting so big! What a great idea to practice EKG. How cute that he gives words of encouragement.

    Love you!
    MEG

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful parents you are...as Yoda would say!

    ReplyDelete