Tuesday, October 23, 2012

This is Halloween


 Decorating for the holidays is much more fun with kids.  Sam was bursting with excitement and bossiness this year.  We made monsters for our windows, which he was really happy about until he saw that I gave the monster three eyes.  After the meltdown he was able to communicate to me that he really wanted the monster to have only one eye... so we made two monsters with one eye each.  Next, Sam requested ghosts for our front porch.  Halloween decorating has never been more fun... or exhausting ;)


For those of you who are interested, this monster is named Jason.



Sam likes keeping the blinds shut.  Everytime we enter the living room he screams, "Ahhhhh Monsters!!"



The Halloween village that I saved from the dumpster.

 I replaced all of our square framed photos with pictures from Edward Gorey's The Gashlycrumb Tinies: A Very Gorey Alphabet Book.  You'll like it if you have a twisted sense of humor.




Our monsters cast spooky shadows everywhere.

If you're in the hood, come trick-or-treat at our place... unless you're too scared Brewhahahahahahahah!!!!!


6 comments:

  1. Amazing! I love the monsters, and the little mice scurrying all over the place make me really happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um. I'm speechless (which is amazing for me). Everything looks awesome and the photography if perfection. Want to come decorate my house?

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, Ashton. if you weren't so busy being the mother of two crazy boys, I'm fairly confident you'd be working for Martha Stewart by now. :) love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashton!!!!! You did all of the things that I wanted to do this year!!! ...except I didn't do them. Because I didn't have you. Your house looks ADORABLE, and so festive! Gah-- I just love you. And second that Martha Stewart motion.
    I would like to take Jason home with me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! It looks like a friendly Halloween!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ashton, look, I found your blog too! It's incredible. I'm so impressed with everything you've written and am in awe at your beautiful family. Oh, and that book about the alphabet? Love it. Need it. Buying it when kids come into the picture!!!

    ReplyDelete