Thursday, November 8, 2012

Lars Overload & Test Results


Lars's cystine test results are back from UCSD.  Anything under 1.0 is good so we were happy to hear that his cystine level is 0.55.  We were thinking his cystagon dosage would need to be increased due to his rapid growth but it looks like it's working just fine.  He tolerates the drug much better than Sam ever did.  Although a couple of days ago, I did have to give it to him three times within thirty minutes because he kept spitting it up.  This was a reoccurring pattern with Sam when he was on cystagon.  I'm so grateful Sam can be on RP103.


Lars slept from 9 pm to 7 am last night.  He slept right through the 3 am cystagon dosage.  Tioooonkk! 

5 comments:

  1. SO SO GREAT. I am dying. how are your children so stinkin' cute?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Maryn. We have some of the same genes so your kids will be cute too ;)

      Delete
  2. OH my gosh! So great on all accounts! 9pm to 7am?! Crazy! Goooo Lars! I love all those happy faces. Elsie is just barely starting to be happy more often. I missed happy baby!

    Your kids are both so darling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.s. The above comment was from me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy babies are definitely easier. This second time around has been a very different experience.

      Delete